Solar Hot Water Installer
Solar heating systems harness the power of the sun's radiation to heat water and spaces for domestic, commercial, industrial, and other uses. Though the concept of solar hot water and the products related thereto have been in use for many years, the industry has seen rapid growth as evidenced by upgraded products and advanced concepts that continue to win converts to the benefits of solar energy.***ad-top-right.shtml***
The career outlook for a solar hot water installer is excellent. They make on average $13 to $20/hour.
What a Solar Hot Water Installer Do
A solar hot water installer designs, installs, and maintains water-heating systems that harness the sun's power. The job will include the following responsibilities but can also include other tasks as the contracting job so requires:
- Design the water heating system with factors like economies of scale, available solar resource, projected solar energy needs, and target system efficiency taken into careful consideration. It will be required to propose the appropriate products that will fit into the planned system.
- Install the water heating system according to specifications. At this point, a solar hot water installer should have complied with the local building codes and the regulations on solar heating systems.
- Maintain the water heating system on a regular basis. They will be expected to repair and replace parts, inspect the electrical system, keep the anti-freeze protection in place and remedy the effects of scaling and corrosion.
- Basically, solar hot water installers are responsible for the optimum performance of the whole system.
Why It's a Green Job
Solar hot water installers will be instrumental in the utilization of the Earth's cleanest, most renewable and most abundant energy resource available in the most eco-friendly and cost effective way possible. No one can go any greener than that.
What You Need to Become One
A solar hot water installer must be a plumbing and heating expert to be able to carry out the job's responsibilities. You have to possess a valid plumber's license and/or an electrician's license and/or a solar contractor's license. You have to check into your state to determine the exact qualifications because each jurisdiction enforces varying licensing regulations on the matter.
You can attend training workshops conducted by the state and by the solar industry to start your path towards becoming a licensed solar hot water installer.
Solar Hot Water Installer Resources*How to Build a Solar Hot Water System.
*The Simply Solar House: Green Building on a Budget
*Hot Water from the Sun: A Consumer Guide to Solar Water Heating
*2008 Solar Energy Technology Report - Current Department of Energy Achievements in Solar Electricity, Thermal Space Heating, Hot Water, Power Production (Ringbound)
- Train to Install Solar Panels
- Selling a Piece of the Sun - Building a Sustainable Career in Solar Sales
- Solar Energy Project Management Design Future
- Learning Auto Cad to Become a Solar PV Design Engineer
- How to Be a Solar Installer
- Solar Power Installer: A Fast-Growing Green Career
- Green Job Opportunities for Solar Power Installers
- Get a High-Paying Green Job as a Solar Power Installer
- Solar Thermal Is the Fastest Growing Industry in the World
- What do Solar Fabrication Technicians do?
- Why Installing Solar Panels a Good Idea?
- What a Solar Lab Technician Does?
- Solar Operations Engineer
- Solar & PV Installer-Roofer
- Solar Fabrication Technician
- Solar Lab Technician
- Photovoltaic-PV Fabrication Testing Technician
- Solar Hot Water Installer
- Solar Radiant Heating Installer
- Photovoltaic-PV Solar Designer
- Solar Sales
- PV Solar Panel Installer
- Installer- Solar Thermal
Share your story!
Do you have a career in this field? Share it!