Solar Radiant Heating Installer
As sources of fossil fuels are depleted and concerns about greenhouse gases increase, solar power and other renewable energy sources have increased their popularity. Solar power is used to describe the different methods of harnessing energy from the sun.
The career outlook for a solar radiant heating installer is excellent. They make on average $13 to $20/hour.
Solar power has two types, the solar electric power that uses photovoltaic cells in the conversion of solar radiation into electricity and solar thermal energy that uses energy from the sun for heating systems. The solar thermal energy or the radiant heating systems is as simple process of pumping water into solar panels to be heated and then stored in tank for ready use. The water will be kept heated for about 24 hours.
Providing Cost Effective Heating System
Solar radiant heating systems are probably the most effective method of using solar energy. Not only is it used for heating domestic water, many homeowners are now using solar energy to help heat their homes.
Solar energy heating system can provide 100% of your home's heating needs on a bright sunny day. But it won't be able to provide for your home's seasonal heating needs. Still, it can be sized to supplement you existing source of home heat.
Professional and Personal Qualities
Though some people are confident that they can install their home solar heating systems by themselves, sizing up a solar radiant heating system to meet your exact needs should be left to a professional installer. Plumbers and engineers can work well for domestic and heating installations. For a career involving solar thermal energy, basic electrical knowledge is also required. Installers should also have that excellent customer attitude and be willing to go "the extra mile" for customer satisfaction.
Basically, engineering and plumbing graduates and associate courses have the advantage in working as solar radiant heating system installer. Currently, the solar radiant industry is growing, and more school and universities are incorporating solar thermal studies in to their curriculum.
There are also an abundance of trainings and seminar over the internet where interested in enhancing their knowledge on the field of solar radiant heating systems. Trainings may involve radiant heating basics, radiant construction details, solar fundamentals, solar radiant design systems, heat load analysis, control strategies, installation standards, and many others.
Solar Radiant Heating Installer Resources*Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes
*Planning and Installing Solar Thermal Systems: A Guide for Installers, Architects and Engineers
*Solar Thermal Systems: Successful Planning and Construction
*Solar Energy Fundamentals and Modeling Techniques: Atmosphere, Environment, Climate Change and Renewable Energy
*Performance analysis of a solar energy driven heating system [An article from: Energy & Buildings]
- Train to Install Solar Panels
- Selling a Piece of the Sun - Building a Sustainable Career in Solar Sales
- Solar Energy Project Management Design Future
- Learning Auto Cad to Become a Solar PV Design Engineer
- How to Be a Solar Installer
- Solar Power Installer: A Fast-Growing Green Career
- Green Job Opportunities for Solar Power Installers
- Get a High-Paying Green Job as a Solar Power Installer
- Solar Thermal Is the Fastest Growing Industry in the World
- What do Solar Fabrication Technicians do?
- Why Installing Solar Panels a Good Idea?
- What a Solar Lab Technician Does?
- Solar Operations Engineer
- Solar & PV Installer-Roofer
- Solar Fabrication Technician
- Solar Lab Technician
- Photovoltaic-PV Fabrication Testing Technician
- Solar Hot Water Installer
- Solar Radiant Heating Installer
- Photovoltaic-PV Solar Designer
- Solar Sales
- PV Solar Panel Installer
- Installer- Solar Thermal
Share your story!
Do you have a career in this field? Share it!