Wind Energy Technician
Are you looking for a job that is in huge demand? It may be time to look into getting certified as a wind energy technician. According to Iowa Lakes Community College, the demand for technicians far outweighs the supply.
The career outlook for a wind energy technician is excellent. They make on average $15-$22/hour.The great thing about wind technicians is that the demand will only increase. As a new administration comes into office in the United States, the amount of money for wind farms will increase as well.
Wind Energy Technicians maintain turbines on wind farms. If you are thinking about this field, you will need to have a fairly strong background and understanding of mechanical and electrical principles. They will also need to be fairly in shape. Taking care of really tall turbines involve climbing a lot of stairs.
The field is very open and the lack of technicians makes for some great economic compensation. Technicians generally make around $15 an hour and usually have benefits. In order to become a wind energy technician you will need to get trained. Training can range from prior experience to an associates degree. Either way, it can mean a quick turn around into a great field.
Wind Energy Technician Resources*Technician's and experimenter's guide to using sun, wind, and water power
*Windpower Workshop: Building Your Own Wind Turbine
- Wind Power Gives New Career Opportunities
- The Heroes of Wind Power
- Designing Wind Turbines
- Why does a Wind Analyst Need to Study
- What Does a Wind Turbine Machinist Do?
- How Does a Wind Farm Electrical Services Designer Operate?
- What is a Wind Development Director?
- Wind Power Field Salesperson
- Wind Turbine Drivetrain Engineer
- Wind Farm Construction Manager
- Wind Development Director
- Wind Farm Electrical Systems Designer
- Wind Turbine Machinist
- Wind Analyst
- Wind Turbine Generator Builder
- Wind Power Turbine Installer
- Wind Energy Technician
- 4 Wind Energy Green Collar Jobs
- Why Wind Power Jobs Matter to Everyone
- Wind Jobs Articles
Share your story!
Do you have a career in this field? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...